Celebrities – we either love them or love to hate them. We’re either appalled by their behaviour or completely inspired. Unconsciously (or consciously!) many of us try to find a role model in our favourite public figures. Some celebs handle the constant public scrutiny with grace and poise while some are not quite so classy. Of course, at the end of the day, we all know they’re just as much human as we are and they each have a different way of handling public pressure.
This post is about those celebrities who I personally find inspiring because they are eager participants of everything about life and they each have something incredible to teach everyone:
1. Tom Hiddleston – Who would have guessed that behind Loki’s green leather suit, there beats the heart of a true Shakespeare lover? Tom is like a breath of fresh air in an industry driven by mostly looks and physique. He is the epitome of a perfect gentleman who has put the faith back in the hearts of many women that the qualities of chivalry, kindness and gentleness are still out there and that good guys are super sexy. Tom seems to be so enthusiastic about life and very genuinely loves giving out free warm hugs to everyone he meets (especially his fans!) and spending time talking to them. If the internet is anything to go by, the menacing villain is more famous than his heroic brother because of who Tom is as a person. He loves playing along with whatever the media want him to do, is an active philanthropist and has a knack for giving out wonderful inspirational advice! Tom’s face radiates happiness which is evident from his wide grin and adorable laugh. It doesn’t hurt that he is such a handsome man and that he leaves no opportunity to shake a leg. If you haven’t guessed already, yes, I am a little more than obsessed with him.
2. Hugh Jackman – I love Hugh. I always have. Hugh can do anything he puts his mind to. He can act, sing, dance and host a mean Oscar. I love that he is so incredibly nice to everyone. He is such an enthusiastic person in general. His eagerness can be seen on his personal Instagram where he posts pictures of his family, two adorable dogs, him working out at the gym and his genuinely infectious laugh.
3. Drew Barrymore – This former wild child is so effervescent about life and is always expressing her gratitude and talking about how incredibly blessed she is, especially after the birth of her two adorable daughters. You’ll always find her happy and her vivacious energy tends to rub off on you even from the screen. She is a cute adorable goofball and she knows it.
4. Ellen Degeneres – What can I say about Ellen except she really is ‘Ellen The Generous’. A woman without an ounce of self-consciousness about herself, Ellen can not only laugh at herself but also make others laugh too with her unique sense of humour. Age has not slowed her down at all. If anything, it has made her more appreciative of life. Ellen can shake a mean leg, prank famous people, give out generous gifts and help those who are in need, live vegan and basically show everyone how to have a bloody good time. Her parting words on the show are words to live by daily, “Be kind to one another.”
5. Michelle Obama – The First Lady is a recent addition to my list but I am very impressed with the way she and her very powerful husband have not been afraid to show their fun side. In fact, the Obamas seem to be quite approachable to everyone they meet. As part of her Let’s Move campaign and the #GimmeFive challenge to get the nation of America physically moving, Michelle has shown off her amazing dancing skills on several instances including hip hop, the dougie and even the Indian bhangra. She has also shown her athletic side on Ellen by doing push ups with her and in another show, she went on to show her professional jump rope skills too! I think Michelle is a lovely internet celebrity and a true lady.
Which celebrities inspire you the most and why? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below. 🙂