I’ve been meaning to write a post about my ever growing TBR pile since a few days. But before I could start drafting it, I was tagged by the lovely Emily of The Diary of a Bibliophile to do this tag which basically consists of almost all the questions I had been meaning to answer! Thanks Emily! 🙂
1. How do you keep track of your TBR pile?
I’m so glad you asked! For the longest time, I’ve had the biggest problem of downloading e-books and never reading them. I tried organizing them on Goodreads however, I don’t find the site to be the best organizer (at least for me!). I wanted something more detailed where I could add my own private notes, so I made my own little spreadsheet filled with all the books that are currently in my smart phone (I haven’t even begun to add any e-books downloaded onto my laptop!) This is the way I am currently organizing my TBR pile:
2. Is your TBR mostly print or e-book?
Mostly E-books. I keep downloading and downloading and it just gets so out of control ! I do have a lot of print books that I still haven’t read but since I don’t buy physical books that much anymore, it’s mostly e-books.
3. How do you determine which book from your TBR to read next?
This depends upon my mood. However, I have a wee bit of a problem known as the Shiny Object Syndrome, where I’ll start one book and then get dazzled by another and before I know it, there’s a whole pile of books half-read. When I started organizing my TBR pile on Google Sheets, I made a little pact with myself that the only way I’ll choose the next book to read is to use an online random number generator that will help decide for me.
4. A book that has been on your TBR list the longest?
Srimad Bhagavad Gita. I keep meaning and meaning to read it and I never do! It’s really unfortunate that I haven’t read my own Holy Scripture yet!
5. A book you recently added to your TBR?
Start Your Own Business by The Staff of Entrepreneur Media, Inc
6. A book on your TBR strictly because of its beautiful cover?
Although I love covers, I mostly read books because of their content.
7. A book on your TBR that you never plan on reading?
50 Shades of Grey. My friends recommended it to me and I even put it up on my 2015 Reading Challenge but I recently removed it because I knew I would never read it.
8. An unpublished book on your TBR that you’re excited for?
None as yet. I think I’ll try to finish the 800+ books already on my TBR pile before I fall for another shiny object again.
9. A book on your TBR that everyone has read but you?
Probably 50 Shades of Grey.
10. A book on your TBR that you’re dying to read?
The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo.
11. A book on your TBR that everyone recommends to you?
Coincidentally, a lot of people have been recently recommending Jhumpa Lahiri’s books to me.
12. How many books are on your Goodreads TBR shelf?
If you haven’t been tagged and still want to do The TBR Book Tag, no problem! Please go ahead and do it anyway! It’s a fun way to spread some blogger love all around!