I love reading lists – bucket lists, goal lists, project lists, reading lists, summer lists, winter lists – reading other people’s lists is so much fun! I don’t particularly like to-do lists though, that just means chores, errands and other mundane stuff. On the other hand, crossing them off is a such a huge highlight! Now, I admit I’m not a naturally organized person who makes to-do lists everyday or any other kind of lists on a fairly regular basis however, it is a skill I ardently admire and something which I am trying to develop more and more this year.
I’ve already started compiling a list of things I’ve learned but that is something I’ve scheduled to post for a later date. Meanwhile here are a few lists I’ve made over the past few years and months:
Today’s Day 2 topic for the course Writing 101 is about writing a list from any one of the three topics given below:
- Things I Like
- Things I’ve Learned
- Things I Wish
I wanted to take it a step further and make it a list of Things I Love :
- Long drives at night
- Midnight Snacks
- Christmas songs playing in stores/restaurants
- A cup of tea on a cold, rainy day
- Celebrating Indian festivals with friends and family
- Family get-togethers!
- Visiting a natural surrounding and just sitting there and enjoying the peace.
- The stillness of the night.
- The sacred feeling of endless possibilities early in the morning.
- Dancing like a mad cow when no one is watching.
- Singing loudly when no one is at home.
- Making a packing list a few days before a journey.
- The hustle and bustle of busy airports.
- A successfully turned out recipe!
- The musty smell of old libraries.
- A new notebook’s crisp white pages
- Parading around in new shoes!
- A well-fitted outfit
- A cool breeze rustling the leaves of a very shady tree
- Secret hidey-holes, nooks and corners
- A lazy, purring cat
- Enjoying a favourite dessert while watching a movie.
- The sensation of rich chocolate melting in your mouth
- Getting lost in an exciting book
- Shipping favourite onscreen couples
- Cold fruit on a summer’s day
- Laughing really really loudly till you can’t breathe.
- Watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S reruns over and over again and never getting tired of them.
- Making a baby giggle.
- The sense of accomplishment of a goal completed.
What are some of your favourite lists to make? Let me know in the comments below. I’d love to hear from you! 🙂
Also have a look at the Day 1 Assignment of Writing 101 : I Write Because….