Top Ten Tuesday is a regular weekly feature hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s topic is 10 Wishes I’d Ask The Book Genie To Grant Me (a new book from a certain author, a reading superpower, a library that is your absolutely #librarygoals, a character to come to life, to met a certain author etc. etc.) YOU DREAM IT AND THE BOOKISH GENIE CAN DO IT.
Dear Book Genie,
Firstly, I’m so happy and grateful that you’re here and I’d like to thank you for granting me my wishes! I don’t want to sound too greedy or exceed my given quota but it would be great if you could manifest them all for me. I’m sure you have many other wishes to fulfill as well and I don’t want to waste your time so here goes:
- Please grant me the wish to go on a few literary walking tours. Some time ago, I had come across an article about 10 famous literary walking tours for a book lover to add to their bucket list which included places like Bath where Jane Austen lived for a few years. I would love to do a couple of walking tours including an Enid Blyton tour that includes visiting the places where she spent her time writing and some of the locations she mentioned in her books, notably Corfe Castle in Dorset.
- Please grant me the wish of my very own cozy reading nook or better yet, a home library/reading room! There are so many cute ones here with window seats overlooking luscious gardens, benches hidden in nooks and crannies and armchairs in the corners with bookshelves running from top to bottom! I could go on and on! There are just too many amazing photographs on Pinterest to make me drool!
- Please grant me the wish to visit the Jaipur Literature Festival. I had the privilege of volunteering with the Emirates Airline Festival of Literature two years ago right here in Dubai and it was an extraordinary experience! I was delighted to meet and be in the same room as some of the world’s biggest authors and celebrities including Jeffrey Archer, Shobhaa De, Shashi Tharoor, celebrity chef Rachel Allen, Ian Rankin and many others. I would really like to visit the Jaipur Literature Festival which is the world’s largest free literary event in the notoriously famous pink city Jaipur in Rajasthan, India. It’s a wonderful way to spread literacy and encourage people to read!
- Please grant me the wish to see Rainbow Rowell’s books adapted on screen. I’ve only read Attachments so far but it was such a cute, heartwarming tale of two people who work in the same office but have never met that I would love to see it adapted as a romantic comedy/drama on screen!
- Please grant me the wish to shadow a famous author. I would love to know what the secrets to their success is, how they overcome writer’s block, what they do to tap into their inner creativity and how ideas flow and how they keep their morale up. Nothing beats the experience of seeing your characters come to life on paper and I feel like I would have a similar creative experience like Emma from Alex & Emma did- brainstorming, giving suggestions, helping the author form a character and a plot and be on a journey filled with adventure and excitement!
Let’s take a breather here Book Genie, are you tired yet? Hope not, it just gets better and better! 😀
- Please grant me the wish to start and successfully run a neighbourhood library for passionate readers. I can never forget July 2008 when I heard the saddest news that our 11 year old tiny, little neighbourhood library was shutting its doors because hardly anyone was reading anymore! I felt a huge part of me was dying literally (not joking!). I would love to start a library someday with hidden rooms behind bookcases that open when you pull out a particular book and other such fun things. My library would have regular reading clubs, read-aloud sessions, creative story-telling and other activities for both children and adults. I know it sounds very wishful (pun intended) but it would be a dream come true!
- Please grant me the wish to have a stronger decisive power and a determined focus while reading. Book Genie, you know how I get distracted so easily while reading – my phone is constantly beckoning, I have to watch that video, or look at Instagram or Pinterest. Sometimes I feel like I have the memory of a goldfish and the attention span of a fruit fly. Please help me. I need to be more focused while reading so I don’t lose interest quickly and actually get through 4 pages without getting distracted.
- Please grant me the wish that I may be able to let go of reading books on my phone and read more physical books. This is sort of an expansion of Point #7, dear book genie. I feel like that personal touch has gone out of the reading experience ever since I started reading e-books and I am not able to enjoy reading a physical book anymore. Please help me, I need to get back to actual books even though e-books are really convenient.
- Please grant me the wish that I may own the entire collection of my all-time favourite authors Enid Blyton and Agatha Christie. Love, love, love these ladies of the 30’s and 40’s and I would love to own everything by them!
- Please grant me the wish that my book blog only continues to grow. I have enjoyed writing about my bookish (and non-bookish) experiences here on Thistles and Whistles and I only wish that my blog and the blogs of my blogger friends continues to grow in infinite proportions!
Thank you so much Book Genie, I know my wishes are not too much to ask and that it’s a cinch for you to fulfill them so I am thanking you from the bottom of my heart for making them come true!
Lots of love, hugs and kisses.
What are your top ten wishes that you would like the bookish genie to grant for you? Let me know below in the comments because I love to hear from you! 🙂
Thank you for taking the time to visit this blog, I always value your encouragement and support! If you liked this blog post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help spread it by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Twitter, Facebook and other social media. Thank you!