I’m so honored to be nominated by the lovely Alicia of The Cyborg Knight for the Siblinghood of the World Bloggers Award! Please check out Alicia’s blog, she writes about sci-fi and fantasy books, games and TV shows! Thank you so much Alicia for the nomination! 😀
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog
- Display the award on your blog
- Answer the ten questions sent to you
- Nominate ten bloggers for the award
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer
ALICIA’s QUESTIONS AND MY ANSWERS
1. When did you really get into reading? Was it at an earlier age or later in life?
Oh, I was a wee little thing when I got into reading thanks to my dad who encouraged me to read a lot. In fact one of my earlier posts on this blog explains a bit about how I got into reading here
2. What do you like to do when you are not reading?
When I am not reading, I’m either blogging, watching a movie or TV show or spending some time on social media. Other than that, I like to do some yoga everyday.
3. If you had to live in any world in any book, what would it be?
Good question! I suppose, it would have to be the world of Enid Blyton. I grew up reading her books where young pre-teens such The Famous Five, Secret Seven, The Five Find-Outers would go off having adventures on islands or the woods and find themselves solving mysteries. It was a pretty exciting and imaginative world for me and I would have loved to be part of their secret societies.
4. What did you want to be when you grew up? Did you become what your 6 year old self wanted to be?
I wanted to be so many things when I was very young! I wanted to be a writer, have my own magazine, be on TV as a reporter or TV host or work at the airport as ground staff! I didn’t exactly become any of those things but I did work at the airport for a couple of months and decided it wasn’t my cup of tea. I did make a magazine while pursuing my Masters degree in Media and Communication and co-host our college show for one episode and loved both so much! It was a childhood dream come true!
5. What is your favorite Christmas or Holiday tradition?
I am Indian and I absolutely adore the hundreds of festivals we keep celebrating throughout the year! I can’t really pick one favourite tradition but I love it when Indian communities get together and celebrate out on the streets, playing music and dancing and having fun. This is something that you don’t get to see here in Dubai (except maybe during Diwali when kids burst firecrackers) and I really miss that.
6. What TV shows are you ridiculously obsessed with?
I am definitely into Sherlock but I can’t say I am obsessed with it because the waiting period between two seasons is too long that I often forget about it. Currently, I’m into Young & Hungry but my all-time favorite sitcom has to be F.R.I.E.N.D.S.
7. If you could have lunch with any author or actor or mentor/hero, who would it be?
Sigh, Tom Hiddleston. But of course, I have so many mentors, authors and coaches that I would love to meet and ask hundreds of questions.
8. How long does it usually take you to finish a book?
I have actually become slower in reading than when I was a child because I get distracted way too easily. I would say an average of 3-4 days, sometimes even longer!
9. Do you have any pets? What pets would you like to someday bring into your home?
No unfortunately. But I would love love love to have a cuddly cat companion one day.
10. If I told you I didn’t like to read, but I was hoping to find a book that would change my opinion of reading, what book would you recommend to me?
Oh, that’s a tough one! I would really recommend starting with short stories as they’re the one of the best proofs of an author’s talent for telling a compelling tale in a few short pages and ideal for getting into the reading habit. I would love you to start reading Agatha Christie’s collection of shorts like The Listerdale Mystery and The Golden Ball and other stories.
- What is the number one issue that you would personally like to stand up for in today’s world?
- Your favourite fall/winter foods?
- A favourite movie that you can keep watching over and over again?
- If you could adopt a personality trait of any one of your favorite fictional characters in books or film, what would it be?
- Your favourite quote/mantra of all time.
- In an alternate universe, imagine you’re somebody/something else. What/who do you imagine yourself to be? It doesn’t necessarily have to be human or a living thing. It can be ANYTHING. There are no rules, let your imagination run wild.
- Do you remember any memorable prank you played or one that was played on you? Or maybe, there’s one that you would like to play on someone? What was/is it?
- If you could ask your favorite mentor/actor/ideal only ONE question, what would it be?
- Do you have a go-to place where you can completely feel relaxed?
- Tips for blogging newbies?
- Jessy of Koolitzable
- Rebeca of Books and Messy Buns
- Katherine of Neon Yeti Reads
- Somali of Scribbles and Scrawl
- Bernadette of Haddon Musings
- Stefani of Caught Read Handed
- Yvo of It’s All About Books
- La duchesse d’Erat
- Galit of Coffee n’ Notes
- Cristina of My Tiny Obsessions
Congratulations to the nominees and please go visit these lovely blogs, they’re all pretty awesome! 😀
Thank you for taking the time to visit this blog, I always value your encouragement and support! If you liked this blog post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help spread it by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Twitter, Facebook and other social media. Thank you!
If you’d like to contact me for enquiries or just to say hello, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or even connect with me on Facebook , Instagram, Twitter, Goodreads and BlogLovin’