I am so late in replying to the various Blogger award nominations I have received that it’s really shameful and for my tardiness, I do sincerely apologize! I love reading, receiving and passing on Blogger Awards but my problem is, I always procrastinate on them. 😦
Here’s one I got from Ashley, the lovely author of the book blog Dear World, waaaaay back in February and I filed it away, meaning to get to it soon but somehow it’s become much later than I realized ! I’m so sorry Ashley for being so late! 😦
So Ashley posted 7 random facts about herself and that’s what I will do as well:
- I’m a teetotaler. I have never had more than a couple of sips of alcohol in my whole life and that too just to see what it tastes like.
- Despite being in my late twenties, I have a baby face for which I consider myself lucky and cursed at the same time. Lucky because of very obvious reasons (I tend not to age faster) and cursed because not only do I look like I am in my mid-teens but I am also under tall (read: on the petite/short side) so very few people tend to take me seriously until they know my real age. It’s a very weird feeling having to justify yourself sometimes.
- I don’t know how to swim despite having the Arabian Sea practically 20 minutes away from home. I’m not afraid, I just don’t know how but it’s on my goals list as of this year!
- Four years ago, I bought a pink bicycle with a wire basket to get back into cycling again (yes, it was for adults and no, it did not have training wheels!) but it got stolen from my apartment building almost two months later. 😦
- My roots are from Gujarat in India but I think I may have been a South Indian in my previous life. Why? Because I just LOVE South Indian food! Idli, Dosa, Uttapam, Adai, Appam, Idiyappam, Kuli Paniyaram, Pongal – I’ll gobble it all up with lots of coconut chutney!
- One of my biggest limitations is my irrational fear of driving which I somehow developed a few months after I got my license. I’ve had a license for exactly 10 years now (almost to the day!) and I haven’t driven more than 20 times ! Crazy, I know!
- I have had a thing for Venice ever since I watched the song ‘Do Lafzon Ki Hai Dil Ki Kahani’ from the Bollywood movie The Great Gambler when I was in my pre-teens.
I hope you enjoyed reading 7 of my totally random facts as much as I had fun sharing a bit of myself with you!
I hereby nominate 7 lovely bloggers:
1. Flying on Empty Thoughts
2. Scribbles and Musings
3. Rashmi of Mind and Life Matters
4. Annie of What the Woman Wrote
5. Rosema of A Reading Writer
6. Anand of Blabberwockying
6. Sona of Read Write Live
On another note, I just hit 300 followers! Thank you to all dear readers for sticking with me! I am so happy to be a part of this blogger community that I cannot express my gratitude enough! Love every bit of encouragement and support received and this makes me even more eager to write and write some more. The ideas which were running dry now seem to be flowing again! 😀